This position is a result of strategic exponential growth of our company and now needs someone to take our Accounting function to the next level. The Controller will be responsible for all core Company financial and bookkeeping activities working in coordination with the company’s CEO. The position will lead and manage the Finance and Accounting function to provide general accounting, financial analysis, reporting, and budgetary controls. This position will also provide general office management and general HR functions for the company and work in co-ordination with our PEO partner. S/he will report to the President & CEO of the company, but will also work closely with the company’s Sales, Technology and Account Management functions.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, possess excellent organizational and analytical skills and work effectively with individuals at various levels in the organization (executive, sales, operations, etc.). Candidate should be capable of playing a hands-on role, a self-starter, demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness in decision making and problem solving, and think and work independently while also being a team player. Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are a must.
· Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
· Performs key accounting-related tasks using QuickBooks, including A/P and A/R management, vendor check processing, client invoicing, bank reconciliation, etc.
· Works with CEO to perform quarterly and monthly revenue recognition analyses according to GAAP standards.
· Contributes to the establishment of major economic objectives, financial policies, and best practices for the company.
· Prepares financial reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
· Assists the CEO with monthly financial reporting, “real-time” forecast updates, long-term forecasting and “what if” financial scenarios and analyses.
· Works with the company’s Business Development and Account Management functions to ensure that client invoices are sent out in a timely way and tracked properly by client account.
· Manages all outstanding company receivables and actively follows up to ensure that payments are received from customers as specified.
· Performs bank reconciliations at the end of each month and financial statement reconciliations at the end of each quarter.
· Collaborates with CPA firm in preparation of company’s annual tax and financial statement filings.
· Maintains compliance with Sales Tax and other Governmental licensing and reporting requirements.
· Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budgeting, and accounting.
· Assists with report design, improvements, and resolving issues related to the financial systems.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance is required
· Minimum 7-10+ years of hands-on accounting experience in role of increasing responsibility.
· Must have strong working knowledge of cost accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reporting & cash flow forecasting.
· Must have strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
· Must have expertise with QuickBooks Enterprise.
· Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet.
· Must have strong forecasting and MS Excel financial modeling skills (including advanced functions such as pivot tables).
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task.
· Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation, with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
· Must possess a highly-positive and service-oriented approach to working both internally and externally.
· Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
· Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information.
· Ability to wear multiple hats and work effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial company environment.
Shield Watch IT is a premier IT Managed services company serving the Tampa Bay area for the last 21 years, providing IT Managed Services, IT Consulting, Hardware procurement & Installation, Virtualization, software development and Dashboard services
Our mantra is “Worry Free IT, Obsessive Customer Support“, and we live it every day.
Top 5 reasons why customers choose Shield Watch over our competitors:
· Proprietary Single Pane of Glass Dashboard Reporting Tool for all IT Assets
– 91% Customer Retention over the 21 Years
· 94% Customer Satisfaction Rating over the 21 Years
· 96% of customers will enthusiastically recommend our services to others (Net Promoter Score)
· 24/7 Phone Support
· Obsessive Customer Support
If you think you’re the perfect fit, please submit your resume here.