Job Description and Responsibilities
This position is mixed role for a Lead Linux administrator with real-world AWS / Cloud and some DevOps experience. Daily items would include rebooting services, monitor utilization, monitoring backups, updates, and troubleshooting with attention to documentation and reporting for website and web application servers. Other responsibilities would also include project work such as the design and implementation of new cloud infrastructure on AWS and many other hosting providers that would allow for high availability and growth of their systems. Along with onboarding of new customers existing environments into our monitoring systems and structure.
Additional roles would to help and add insight for the build out of a new sector in our company where you would be in daily direct communication with the CTO and development team to come up with new policies, procedures, and solutions to allow future growth of internal support of application managed services. This would require strong attention to detail and dedication. This opportunity would be ideal for an individual who would like to expand their knowledge, experience, and be part of a growing company. Your position would make a real change to the organization and create a stable base while this new sector of the company grows.
Required Experience and Education Requirements
· Professional Certification of AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or equivalent
· RHCE or LPIC 2 Certification or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with AWS Technologies
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with networking from a web server perspective such as DNS, Firewall, and load balancers
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Website and Web Application stacks such as LAMP and LEMP along with managing the Database technologies
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Virtualization such as VM Ware and Hyper-V
· Experience with web admin panels such as cPanel and Plesk
· Must have experience dealing with programing languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, etc… and helping development teams troubleshoot code
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Effective communication skill dealing with teams across the world
· Strong project management and documentation skills
· Must be task orientated
· Capable of presenting ideas in front of upper management and customers
· Must be skilled in logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Shield Watch IT is a premier IT professional services company serving the Tampa Bay area for the last 21 years, providing IT Managed Services, IT Consulting, Hardware procurement & Installation, Virtualization, Web Development & SEO/SEM Services and VOIP Consulting to Small Businesses.
Our mantra is “Worry Free IT, Obsessive Customer Support“, and we live it every day.
Top 5 reasons why customers choose Shield Watch over our competitors:
· 91% Customer Retention over the 21 Years
· 94% Customer Satisfaction Rating over the 21 Years
· 96% of customers will enthusiastically recommend our services to others (Net Promoter Score)
· 24/7 Phone Support
· Obsessive Customer Support
· Competitive salary
· Goal-based monthly incentive program
· Paid holidays
· Health insurance